Friday, March 18, 2011

Blessed be your name

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cAvqByM1Fk

This song is what I am clinging to right now. Me and DR have just gone through something extremely tough. I may blog about it in detail later if I feel led but for now I will leave it at that. Since we got the news all I could think of was "The Lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord" This is so true. Who are we to tell the maker of the universe how we want our lives to run. For He knows me far better than I know myself and he knows that "the testing of my faith will develop perseverance." Over this past week I have been painfully reminded that this life is temporary, a holding place until we are with our saviour and he will 'wipe away every single tear I have cried'. Jesus says that 'in this world you will have trouble, but take heart for I have overcome the world' I know that the hard stuff in this life is serving a purpose. The Lord never lets our pain go for nothing. He promises to make 'beauty from ashes' and to be near to us when our hearts are breaking. I also have been flipping through the book of Job and I have to say like Job did- if I can receive blessing from my Lord and good times, should I not receive the hard times that are used to deepen my faith? Praise the Lord that we have a high priest who can sympathize with every single one of our weaknesses. He has been here. He took on our form and walked through pain and suffering so He could understand everything we feel. I know God has a good and perfect plan. Next time you go through something really tough, remind yourself that God is working it for good.."You meant to harm me but God meant it for good, what is now being done-the saving of many lives" What an amazing promise. Our pain could be a vessel which someone comes to know Jesus. To that I say it is worth it. This life and all it has to offer, does not surpass the greatness of knowing Jesus Christ. Here I am, a broken and wounded soldier, wrapped in the Peace of God that goes past all human understanding. For those of you who know and who have been praying- thank you! We can feel the prayers and feel the Mighty one holding us up in his hands. Blessed be His name. Amen

2 comments:

  1. Honey, What a beautiful blog and I am so proud of you. God does get us through times! I grew so much in Him during my darkest hours. He carried me and I wouldnt replace those times for anything!! I see Jesus in you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Above is from Aunt brenda and for some reason it was blocking my ID. "To everything a season a time appointed under Heaven!"

    ReplyDelete